- Support the positive integration and settlement into Australia of African Australians, especially those who have arrived from violent and traumatised circumstances;
- Promote human rights, social justice and equal opportunities, especially for those who are victims of conflicts;
- Build trust and connections within African Australian communities and with wider mainstream Australian society;
- Develop and nurture a sense of responsibility and self-determination in African Australian young people;
- Link young African Australian woman and men to positive role models through mentoring programs and sport activities;
- Enable African Australian young people and women to have a voice, and increase their involvement and influence within their communities and broader Australian society
- To encourage all Australians to embrace reconciliation, tolerance, openness and goodwill;
- Work and be part of Australian reconciliation networks for an Australian united society; and
- Create opportunities and initiatives that contribute to African and other global peace and positive community building initiatives.
About the organisation
INTERNATIONAL FORUM OF RECONCILIATION AND PEACE
Strengthening individuals and communities to build capacity by cultivating sustainable outcomes with dignity and ownership.