OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Our 11 guiding principles are the fundamental, moral and ethical beliefs shared by our membership and supporters.
They represent our core values and what our organisation considers important in terms of a context for our Vision and Mission. They have provided a framework for decision-making about our Core Business and priority actions.
- Builders of Peace – contributing through example and program initiatives to the development of peace, unity, reconciliation and integration both within the Australian community and international settings.
- Integrity and Transparency - ensuring the highest ethical and professional standards in all activities and processes, and building strong sense of trust, respect and reliability with members, stakeholders and supporters.
- Respect for Diversity and Human Dignity - opposing all forms of discrimination and exclusion whether based on race, ethnicity, gender, age, ability, religious belief, social circumstances or sexual orientation.
- Collaboration and Networking - ensuring a high level of stakeholder cooperation, partnership, solidarity and networking, and engagement in dialogues and actions with other organisations sharing our goals and values.
- Social justice, human rights, equal opportunities and Inclusion - valuing the contribution and engagement of all members and targeting our support and services to those members most vulnerable, excluded and disadvantaged.
- Youth Empowerment and Engagement - providing our young people with the confidence, experiences, knowledge, skills and supports that enable them to participate effectively, responsibly and fully in their communities and mainstream Australian society.
- Local and Global Thinking - achieving positive contributions at both the local community level and within international settings.
- Goodwill, Giving and Altruism - developing an organisational culture built upon the values of altruism, benevolence, goodwill, reciprocity and magnanimity.
- Asset and Opportunity Focus - building upon the capacities, creativity, skills, resources, experiences, diversity and passions our membership and communities
- Innovation and Creativity - creating an organisational culture that feeds on innovation and the desire to do things better.
- Organisational and Financial Sustainability - focusing on long term financial support, professional excellence and capacity building of our members and employees.
INTERNATIONAL FORUM OF RECONCILIATION AND PEACE
Strengthening individuals and communities to build capacity by cultivating sustainable outcomes with dignity and ownership.